Breast dryness can occur on or around your nipple and across your entire chest area. Many factors can be to blame for such irritating dryness, such as environmental conditions, irritation & age. Some of the most common causes include:
- sunbathing topless & resulting sun damage
- winter weather or continually dry climates
- chemicals, soaps and fabrics that have continual contact with your boobs
- hot showers, frequent swimming, heating or air conditioning
- age - as you get older, the tissue and structure of your breasts begin to change. This is due to differences in your reproductive hormone levels caused by the natural process of aging. As a result of these changes, your breasts might begin to lose their firmness and fullness.
How do we bid farewell to that crepe paper like skin and welcome in skin that's as smooth as a baby's bum, you ask?
Applying Boob Oil - Breast Care Elixir once or twice daily is a nourishing treatment for remedying dryness, and may also help eliminate accompanying itchiness. Win-win. The formula absorbs quickly and is very gentle, but it happens to contain powerhouse botanical oils which have remarkable tissue rejuvenating and regenerating properties, resulting in:
⊍⊍ A reduction of trans-epidermal water-loss, resulting in soft, moisturised skin
⊍⊍ Improvement in suppleness & elasticity
⊍⊍ Nourished, revitalised, toned and rejuvenated skin
Along with replenishing & maintaining moisture, it’s a good idea to eliminate any possible skin-affecting culprits, such as harsh or chemical-laden soaps, itchy fabrics, and chemical based washing powders and fabric softeners. Also try showering with a gentler water temperature if showers seem to cause dryness and redness, and pat dry your breasts after showering (bonus points for applying Boob Oil while your skin is still warm from the shower). Look to humidifiers for relief from dry air and use heaters or central air sparingly.
With love & happy boobs,
P.S As always, If you’re noticing unexplained changes to your breasts (skin or otherwise) for no apparent reason, take your girls along to your healthcare provider for a once-over.